Saturday, July 12, 2014

I just wanted to paint the house . . .

Seriously, I just wanted to paint the trim on the house.  We knew when we bought the house 18 months ago that it would have to be done, but last summer was too busy.  So, June arrived and I had time off, but it rained almost every single day!  This meant painting in small steps instead of just getting the project over in a day or two.

First and foremost, I had to pick a color.  I did not like the rusty red the previous owner had chosen, so off to Pintrest to look at color combinations.  The light blue vinyl siding was not changing, so I decided to go with a really dark blue.  We purchased color samples from Lowe's and painted small swatches on the back porch.













Basin Blue from Valspar got 2 of the 3 votes!





Also, I wanted a POP! of color for the front door.  I think the Shadow Valley from Valspar was exactly the right touch!
After!

Before

 Of course the old hardware looked terrible now, so a new handle and programmable deadbolt completed the door makeover!



 Wow!  That swing looks bad!  Maybe tomorrow!


I'm not going to stress about the fact that this is all taking longer than expected!  And as long as the neighbors don't complain I will keep on completing small parts at a time!  less stress . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment